About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Preparing for the trip

October 20, 2010

Making final preparations for the Grand Canyon whitewater rafting trip. My brother, Morgan, and my son, Scott, will begin the trip at Lee's Ferry starting on December 1st and meet up with myself and Scott Tffee at Phantom Ranch on December 5th. After camping for the night, Morgan and Scott Passman will hike out and Scott Tiffe and myself will complete the remaining 9 days of trip. There will be 2 rafts and not sure  of the total number of people traveling in our group at any one time but think it will be between 5 and 6 including the raft guides. Don't really know what to expect except that the water is about 40 degrees and keeping dry while rafting down the river is desired, if possible. Most people raft down the river during the summer but Morgan and Mike have a private permit and late fall and winter is usually when those are available. But having a private permit allows you to travel for less than 1/2 of the normal guided price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment